1. Wear red to show you're focused, committed, and trustworthy.
2. Get to work earlier than your coworkers.
3. If you're a woman, wear makeup.
4. Have "executive presence" . . . which means confidence, calmness under pressure, and decisiveness.
5. Don't negotiate face-to-face . . . subordinate people perform better and show more skill in non-face-to-face negotiations.
6. Don't help your coworkers too much . . . you end up getting overloaded and can't perform as well on your own work.
7. Smile a lot.
8. Have sex at least four times a week . . . that leads to higher self-esteem and happiness, which translate to better work. That doesn't mean have sex with your BOSS at least four times a week . . . although maybe that WOULD impress them?